Built in the Renaissance Style of red brick and Bath Stone by A J Bateman and designed by Wylson and Long, The Walthamstow Palace Theatre opened at the end of 1903. It had twin towers on either end of its façade and an iron and glass awning over its main entrance.
The foyer had a dado of Austrian oak, a panelled and decorated ceiling and a box office of polished walnut. To the left of the box office, a broad staircase with mosaic steps and marble walls led to the balcony and, to the left, a corridor led to the stalls. The auditorium was built on a cantilever system with a gallery above the balcony and two boxes either side of the proscenium. The original interior decoration was in cream and white with gold by Boekbinder with drapery by James Schoolbred & Co.
The auditorium was lit by both electric and gas light. The stage was fitted with a fire resistant curtain and sprinkler system. A painted act drop was designed by Cecil Hicks.
The theatre was closed in 1954 and demolished in 1960.
- 1954 : Closed
- 1903 Owner/Management: Joseph Davis, Henri Gros, George Adney Payne, Henry Tozer, owners
- 1903 Design/Construction:Wylson & Long- Architect
- 1903 :A J Batemen- Builder
- 1903 Design/Construction:Boekbinder- Interior design
- 1903 Design/Construction: DraperiesSchoolbreds- Decoration
- 1903 Design/Construction: Stage lightingLeo Sunderland & Co- Lighting
- 1903 Design/Construction: Painting of act dropCecil Hicks- Decoration
- 1903 - 1904 Owner/Management: Walthamstow Palace Limited, owner
- 1904 Owner/Management: Variety Theatres Consolidated Ltd, owner
- 1952 : Countess de la Marr, leaseholder
- 1954 Use: Closed
- 1960 Demolition:
- Description390CommentPit stalls
- Description352Commentdress circle