Photograph of a colour-tinted postcard showing the façade of St. James’ Theatre, on King Street in London. The frontage is in three major bays, three storeys high with an attic over the main entablature. Various doorways are visible beneath a portico entrance, above which a balustraded balcony guards a two-storey loggia. The name of the theatre appears on the face of the portico and just below the balcony. The name of the owner of the theatre, George Alexander, also appears above the entrance and the name of the current production, ‘Witness for the Defence’ is visible on the side of the canopy. The entire façade has been decorated with flags, festoons and lights to mark the coronation of 1911.