An auctioneer's shop converted into Kingsland Palace was such a success that properties either side were bought up and the Kingsland Empire was constructed. The façade was described as 'late Edwardian neo-classical' with the entrance (as now) on the corner, access through a rotunda. A vast window on the Kingsland Road façade lit the two-level tea room, and the corner site was dominated by a domed tower. The circle was reached by stairs leading from the Mezzanine level, and entered at the front. The steeply sloped circle extended over to the front of the building. The interior was Edwardian classical with five arch features on the side walls and an elaborate proscenium with double Ionic columns either side, topped by a frieze of classical figures in relief. There were stage facilities and dressing rooms.
In 1937, the Art Deco cinema that exists today was constructed by F E Bromige, although the domed tower has been dismantled.
- 1915 - 1936: (possibly)
- 1909 Design/Construction: auctioneers shop converted to cinema.Clara Ludski- Architect
- 1915 Design/Construction: new cinema (with stage) constructed on site.Percy Adams & George Coles- Architect
- 1915 - 1936 Use: (possibly)
- 1933 Owner/Management: London & Southern Cinemas Ltd
- 1936 Owner/Management: Capital & Provincial News Theatres
- 1937 Design/Construction: new cinema within shell of Kingsland Empire.F E Bromige- Architect
- 1976 Owner/Management: independent co-operative management (run by trust).
- 1997 Alteration: restored to 1937 interior (architect unknown).
- CapacityLaterDescription1915: 902
- ListingNot listed