The Playhouse was created by the conversion of a barn (built in 1722). The walls are of stone and a slate roof is carried on two substantial brick arches, one of which is now the proscenium arch. The stage and associated works were undertaken in 1937-38. The building stands in close association with the country house Garthewin. The whole estate was sold in 1995.
- 1937 : Until when not known.
- 1772 Design/Construction: as a barnJoseph Turner- Architect
- 1937 Use: Until when not known.
- 1937 Alteration: converted to theatreClough Williams Ellis (with TS Taig)- Architect
- ListingNot listed