Aberdare Little Theatre
Trecynon Amateur Dramatic Society and the Aberdare Little Theatre Company used the Aberdare Little Theatre for more than 70 years.
The former engine shed was converted for theatre use in 1930, and although requisitioned by the Ministry of Food as a food depot in 1942, from 1958 the theatre companies moved back in, refurbished the building and served the local community.
A simple white rendered building with metal clad pitched roof, the theatre opened on to Depot Road but was tucked in by the corner of Gadlys Road and the A4233 set at higher level around it.
No evidence of a fly tower, and no further details of the interior.
The site was sold in 2010 for conversion to double glazing showroom, also with outline planning permission for change of use on the site for residential development. Ultimately, the building was demolished in February 2016, to make way for housing.
- 1931 - 1942: 1958 - 2007
- 1931 Design/Construction: converted from engine shed (architect unknown)
- 1931 Owner/Management: continuing Trecynon Amateur Dramatic Society
- 1931 - 1942 Use: 1958 - 2007
- 1979 Alteration: reopened after 1978 fire caused substantial damage.
- 2016 Demolition:
- CapacityLaterDescription1996: 198
- ListingNot listed