Miners' Welfare Hall
A simple rectangular building of rendered brick with auditorium occupying the centre area and rising a full floor above the surrounding offices and lobbies.
The auditorium has a flat-floor with removable seating, and at the rear is a raised flat area just a few steps above the main floor. There is no balcony. The orchestra pit can be covered to allow extension of the seating. There is no stage tower and no sub-stage machinery. The original Art Deco box office survives in the lobby; it is now a telephone kiosk.
- 1991 - 1996
- Design/Construction: ?c1930 ?c1930Unknown- Architect
- Owner/Management: National Union of Mineworkers
- Owner/Management: Ystradgynlais Miners’ Welfare & Community Hall Trust Ltd, managers
- Owner/Management: Later: Brecknock Borough Council
- 1991 Alteration: refurbished as arts centreBorough Architects Department- Architect
- 1991 - 1996 Use:
- ListingNot listed