Opening as the Alexandra Hall, the theatre was built on the hill between Market Street and Avenue Road on more than one level to accommodate the steepness of the slope. The lower part of the building contained the flat-floored Alexandra Theatre. It seated 1,400, presenting drama, concerts, revue and seasonal variety. During the Wars it was used as a Garrison Theatre. In 1965 a fly tower was added, and the stage and dressing rooms improved. In the early 1970s the interior was gutted to accommodate a roller skating rink on the stage and a synthetic ice skating rink in the stalls. The building was later altered and reopened as a nightclub and bar. In 2009-2010 the higher (foyer) level was in use as a sports bar, and the lower (auditorium) level not in use, although previously a nightclub.
- 1970 - 1979: Until when not known.
- 1900 Design/Construction: (architect unknown).
- 1920 - 1929 Owner/Management: Albany Ward
- 1965 Alteration: modernised - fly tower added, stage and dressing room facilities improved (architect unknown).
- 1970 - 1979 Alteration: proscenium and stage dismantled for skating rink (architect unknown).
- 1970 - 1979 Use: Until when not known.
- CapacityOriginalDescription1901: 1000
- CapacityLaterDescription1945: 1000
- ListingNot listed