The Floral Hall complex consists of the hall itself and a theatre, added in 1973. This, although closely linked with the hall calls for its own entry (see Southport Theatre).
The 1930 hall is a flat-roofed brick building on classical lines, presenting a rendered frontage with pairs of columns to the promenade. The rear of the building which faces the sea/estuary is in Art Deco style and is at a lower level.
From the main entrance, stairs lead down from the box office to the front part of the hall. Originally 900 square yards, this had a sprung floor for dancing: it was extended in 1973 to make a larger foyer/catering area linking with the theatre, so that box-office etc are shared, making conference use possible. Doors lead through to the Floral Hall itself which is flat-floored with a large stage and dressing rooms. The proscenium and doors throughout are in Art Deco style. Multi-purpose, it retains full stage facilities, dressing rooms and band room.
- 1930 : Theatre (multi-purpose hall), continuing
- Owner/Management: Sefton Council, owners, continuing
- 1930 Design/Construction:Archer & Gooch- Architect
- 1930 Use: Theatre (multi-purpose hall), continuing
- 1973 Alteration: theatre added (see separate entry, Southport Theatre)B R Andrews- Architect
- 1997 Owner/Management: Apollo Leisure, lessee
- 2009 - 2018 Owner/Management: Ambassador Theatre Group, management
- 2019 - 2020 : Bliss Space (Southport) Ltd operator/management (from April 2019, initially on a three-year lease, but went into liquidation in June 2020 as a result of coronavirus)
- 2023 Demolition: Southport Theatre and Floral Hall demolished to be replaced by Marine Lake Events Centre
- ListingNot listed