Built as a dance theatre for Bush Davies School capable of use as a professional theatre. Not one of the great post-war theatres, but well suited to its original purpose and it is a great pity that a building named after such a historically significant dancer should have been lost to the public. The theatre ceased to operate in 1989 when the ballet school closed. Purchased by security firm Sabrewatch.
It had a rectilinear exterior in concrete and brick with a plainly finished auditorium in a single rake with a wide proscenium.
Purchased by Town House Developments by 2009 and demolished in 2011. The site was subsequently acquired by Retirement Villages Ltd for the Charters Village development which retained part of the original school building.
- 1967 - 1989: Theatre
- 1967 Design/Construction: Clifford & Carmen, with John WyckhamW Kemp of W B Starr- Architect
- 1967 Design/Construction:Lonsdale-Hands- Consultantoriginal auditorium decorJohn Wyckham- Consultanttheatre consultant
- 1967 - 1989 Use: Theatre
- 1967 - 1989 Owner/Management: Bush Davies School, owner
- 1990 Owner/Management: Sabrewatch, owner
- 2009 Owner/Management: Town House Investments Ltd, owner
- 2011 Demolition:
- ListingNot listed