The façade is in excellent condition. Three major bays, all channel-rusticated, the outer slightly advanced as pavilions flanking the pedimented centre with the name Grand Theatre in Art Nouveau lettering. Ground floor with shop front glazing. No fly tower. The interior is now subdivided. Circle steppings remain (6-7 rows) but floor at balcony level inserted. Proscenium arch remains (plasterwork stripped) and stalls floor levelled, orchestra pit filled and stage levelled. Original barrel-vault ceiling with ornate ventilation ducts intact. Judging by photographs taken during conversion to shop, the stage was deep, but no flying. Orchestra pit. Four dressing rooms.
- 1915 - 1966: (mainly cinema)
- 1915 Design/Construction:Unknown- Architect
- 1915 - 1966 Use: (mainly cinema)
- 1940 Owner/Management: s-c1966 Graves (Cumberland) Ltd
- 1940 - 1949 Owner/Management: Until when not known. Grand Theatre & Cinema Company (Cockermouth) Ltd
- CapacityLaterDescription1943: 750
- ListingNot listed