Stone gabled façade matching adjoining properties. A simple hall with little pretension. The cinema closed in February 1971 (in favour of the Regent) for conversion to bingo. The circle conversion to cinema took place in March 1984 when the Regent closed.
In original form, there was a shallow balcony of 4-5 rows with slips returned to proscenium; a false proscenium hiding the original above stalls including the lay light. The rear stalls were originally stepped up behind balcony front division, with their own entrance. A second cinema screen has been added.
The foyer is from the 1930s, but the original plasterwork exists approximately 1.8m (c.6ft) above.
- 1906 Design/Construction: (architect unknown).
- 1906 - 1971 Owner/Management: Alhambra Theatre and Picture House Ltd (Graves were majority shareholders by 1940s)
- 1974 Owner/Management: continuing Graves (Cumberland) Ltd
- 1984 Alteration: converted to cinema in circle/bingo stalls
- CapacityLaterDescription1948: 800
- CapacityCurrentDescription148CommentScreen 1
- CapacityCurrentDescription90CommentScreen 2
- ListingNot listed