The Birnbeck Pier was designed by Eugenius Birch and is unusual in that it runs from the shore to a stony outcrop (Birnbeck Island, which is similar to the Knightstone nearby). A Pier Pavilion was built in 1898, replacing an earlier one of 1884, which was destroyed by fire. It takes the form of a concert pavilion typical of the period. It has been disused for some years, and the Pier is in a state of some neglect.
- Owner/Management: Weston-super-Mare Pier Company, owners
- 1898 Design/Construction:J S Stewart- Architect
- 1941 - 1946 Owner/Management: The Admiralty
- 1963 Owner/Management: John Critchley, owner
- 1989 Owner/Management: Phillip Stubbs, owner
- ListingII*CommentListed with pier