Built 1920 but probably designed prior to 1914. Originally with two balconies and boxes, the interior was subdivided but not completely gutted to create a cinema and bingo. Conversion to a Wetherspoons pub resulted in major repairs, removal of subdivisions and restoration of much of the auditorium decoration. A ‘viewing gallery’ has been inserted on the stage. The Palladium has a splendidly robust Edwardian baroque stuccoed façade. The central bay, above the entrance, has giant Ionic demi-columns supporting a triangular rusticated arch and a large oriel window. Symmetrical square flanking towers, with angle pilasters carrying segmental pediments, and surmounted by octagonal domes.
Previously subdivided for cinema and bingo)
- 1920 Design/Construction:A Hewitt- Architect
- 1957 Owner/Management: Manchester Repertory Company
- 1962 - 1964 Owner/Management: Llandudno Palladium Ltd
- 1999 Owner/Management: Wetherspoon plc
- 2001 Alteration: conversion to pubUnknown- Architect
- CapacityLaterDescription1962: 1038