The Palace was built following destruction by fire in 1896 of the People’s Palace on the same site. The interior of the new Palace, originally with two tiers and of vigorous oriental appearance, was completely gutted to the shell walls in 1929 and rebuilt, re-opening as a cinema with one balcony in 1931. The four storey asymmetrical granite façade survives largely intact, but this is a crude design of industrial quality - plain with a pediment over the three central bays and three large doorways with thin broken segmental pediments.
- 1898 : Until when not known.
- 1898 Use: Until when not known.
- 1898 Design/Construction:John Rust- Architect
- 1898 Owner/Management: Livermore Bros
- 1911 Owner/Management: Fred Collins Circuit
- 1929 Owner/Management: Jack Poole
- 1931 Alteration: interior rebuilt as cinemaMarshall & Tweedie (Newcastle)- Architect
- ListingC(s)CommentOnly the exterior walls survive from Rust’s 1898 theatre. Building is listed as Aberdeen seeks to retain its heritage of granite frontages