Competition-winning design for a multi-purpose concert venue, ballroom and theatre for summer shows. A chunky great white tomb of three storeys in cement stucco-clad brickwork with black cornicing. The long side frontage, facing the Clyde estuary has six tall windows interspersed with vertical fluting (now bricked in) and a veranda for sunbathing. The interior has lost most of its period fittings and the structure now looks sad and neglected and present potential for theatre use (although it retains a stage) must be minimal.
- 1935 : continuing
- Owner/Management: Council owned
- 1935 Use: continuing
- 1935 Design/Construction:James Carrick- Architect
- ListingNot listed