Arundel Playhouse was a conversion of the west wing of the original priory hall. Exterior of flint with stone dressings, part thirteenth century, part nineteenth, with squat crenellated tower and single arched-headed doorway. Original windows in ranges are cusp-headed casements. The theatre forms a courtyard block with other priory buildings, now partly residential and partly a retirement home.
In 1977, under the patronage of Lavinia, Dowager Duchess of Norfolk, the lease was negotiated from the Knights of Malta for the Arundel Players and was converted to theatre with plans of Neill Holland, an architect and member. No significant change to the fabric of the building has taken place. There is an entrance foyer with box office and stairs to toilets etc above. A platform stage has been introduced, and raked seating for 78. There is a single dressing room, and a bar area has been created from a former room. Furnishings are red and gold. The conversion has been skilfully executed and it is considered to be a most successful and popular venue.
- 1977 : continuing
- Owner/Management: The Knights of Malta
- Owner/Management: Arundel Players, lessee
- 1380 Design/Construction: as College of Holy Trinity
- 1977 Use: continuing
- 1977 Design/Construction: conversion of delelict wing of original hall to playhouse.Neil Holland- Architect