Originally opened in 1913 as the Carnegie Library, the building was converted into a theatre, arts and music venue in the mid-1970s. It has an imposing classical façade in Portland Stone which is dominated by a full height Roman Doric pedimented portico. The main black box theatre space is on the ground floor and measures 10.8 by 10.5 metres and has an oak parquet floor. The raised stage area can be removed and raked seating added where required. A rehearsal studio on the first floor measures approx 9.5 metres by 7.5 metres and has a semi-sprung floor and an Edwardian glass atrium ceiling. The building also contains a bar area and meeting room with another Edwardian glass skylight.
- 1912 Design/Construction: Constructed as a public libraryEdwin Cooper- Architect
- 1975 Design/Construction: Conversion to theatre
- CapacityCurrentDescription106Comment(220 standing)