Coventry's City College was built in 1935, with delightful Art Deco interiors and including a 620-seat theatre. By the 1980s The College Theatre was a popular and suitable venue for several local amateur groups. The college buildings and the theatre came under threat following closure in 2009. However the Theatre was saved and re-opened in 2013 renamed as the Albany Theatre. Run by the Albany Theatre Trust, the theatre is run by volunteers serving the local community.
- 1935 - 2009: Theatre
- 2013 : Theatre, continuing
- 1935 Design/Construction:
- 1935 - 2009 Use: Theatre
- 2013 Use: Theatre, continuing
- 2013 Owner/Management: Albany Theatre Trust, continuing