Converted from an eighteenth century chapel, which served as a community theatre from 1960s but was returned to church use in 2003. Rendered over stone with stone dressings.
Built / Converted
Dates of use
- 1960 : s-2002? 1960s-2002?
Religious centre (Community theatre, returned to church use in 2003)
Hope Chapel Hill, Hotwells, Bristol, Avon, BS8 4ND, England
- Owner/Management: Avon Community Arts
- 1786 Design/Construction: as congregational chapelDaniel Hague?- Architect
- 1838 Alteration: alterations, extendedUnknown- Architect
- 1960 Use: s-2002? 1960s-2002?
- 1960 - 1969 Alteration: converted to theatreUnknown- Architect
- 2003 Alteration: returned to church useUnknown- Architect
Open end 6.1m x 6.1m, flat
Building dimensions: -
Stage dimensions: -
Proscenium width: -
Height to grid: -
Inside proscenium: -
Orchestra pit: -