Good, brick classical town hall of 1930, incorporating, immediately behind the façade, the Princes Theatre. The town hall’s main entrance vestibule serves as a generous theatre foyer. This is a flat floored multi-purpose venue with bleacher seating and an end balcony. Segmental vaulted ceiling, plaster panelled side walls and tongue-fluted flat balcony front. Proscenium with broad moulded frame and segmental arch. Very limited wing space. Fly tower with 20 sets of counterweights. Cyclorama. Four dressing rooms.
- 1931 : continuing
- 1926 Design/Construction:Sir A Brumwell Thomas- Architect
- 1931 Use: continuing
- 1931 Owner/Management: Clacton Urban District Council
- 1985 Owner/Management: pre Tendring District Council
- CapacityLaterDescription1961: 1008
- ListingIICommentListed as part of Town Hall