Unusual among London suburban theatres in having a generously proportioned site and making a significant architectural statement on the principal street front. Stone faced entrance block set back on left with balustraded balcony on to which three arched French windows open at first floor level. Above this, a colonnaded loggia crowned by a deep frieze with reliefs and a cornice. Broad block with stubby corner towers to right; banded red brick and stone to lower part, stone faced above, with blind arcade and crowning entablature. Spacious foyers; broad auditorium with bell-shaped tiers. Stage with ample wing space.
- 1898 Design/Construction:E A Runtz- Architect
- ListingNot listed