A fine facade in three major bays, the centre one taller and pedimented with bow window at first floor over glazed entrance canopy; two lower outer bays. Set back behind the centre bay an imposing domed tower with winged angels on the parapet. The theatre was designed by Brough in 1896 and opened on 06 April. The Grand closed around the start of the Second World War but had reopened by later 1942. Despite local support for the theatre to remain open, it closed in April 1959 and was demolished that Autumn and replaced with an office block and shops.
- 1896 - 1959: Theatre
- Owner/Management: later: Frank Curzon/Cyril Royce
- 1896 Owner/Management: Batley & Linfoot
- 1896 Design/Construction:Brough- Architect
- 1896 - 1959 Use: Theatre
- 1940 - 1957 Owner/Management: Will Hammer
- ListingNot listed